Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Andrew 🌀 at 30 and Climate Action ART!

On this day 30 years ago, I had just stopped in at my parents' for a few days enroute from spending my third summer as an archaeology and museology intern at the Government of Belize's Department of Archeology. During the rest of the year, I worked as Visitor Services and Information Officer at the front desk of the Royal Ontario Museum, a part time job I started in high school. But this was my first time engaging in curatorial work planning, developing and implementing a travelling exhibition from rummaging cases, to choosing artifacts, to researching and writing label text, to safe handling and packaging (thank you John Morris, Teresa Batty and Paul Francisco) for long distance rustic travel over land and sea! The exhibiton was received with interest, enthusiasm and lots of questions at the San Pedro Sea and Air Festival.

Today, as I reflect on the wake of Hurricane Andrew this morning on the 3rd decade anniversary, I realize that the work we do to inspire, educate and motivate ourselves applies equally internally and externally. I chose to pursue an interest in cultural anthropology as a way to learn more about who I am, and that has led me to an understanding of my place and purpose in the world. These social and physical Sciences are all avenues of elucidation of our simple role as human beings on this living earth planet. Respect life. Take care of ourselves and each other. If you make a mess, clean it up. Learn from your mistakes. Be aware of your surroundings. Think for yourself. 


Simple things to propel a life and a lifeform.

#Swissartexpo opens today Aug 24 and runs through Sunday, Aug 28 at the main train station event hall in Zurich, Switzerland.

Happy #WorldWaterWeek. 

Buy art! 
Protect water. 
KeepOilIntheSoil. 

❤️ Bawshkeenwabigwun. 
💐

No comments:

Post a Comment

Women • Water • Earth • Herstory

In honor of the start of sea turtle nesting season, world water & women's history month, here are a few recent clips on such subject...